ProZyme Gly-SA Total Sialic acid Quantitation Kit represents a sensitive, high throughput approach to sialic acid quantitation based upon a coupled enzyme reaction converting enzymatically released sialic acid to hydrogen peroxide. This reacts with a dye stoichiometrically generating intense fluorescence or absorbance signal. This approach allows enzymatic release of sialic acid, conversion, detection and quantitation to be performed in a single well for fast and simple processing.
Other benefits include:
- Automatable, 96-well microplate format with fluorescence detection
- Broad range of detection, 40 pmol - 1,000 pmol
- Sample digestion, conversion, detection and quantitation may be performed in a single well for fast and simple processing
- Enzymatic cleavage (Sialidase A) allows rapid analysis (~75 minutes or less) with minimal, if any, degradation of sialic acid
- 100 μM N-acetylneuraminic acid (NANA, NeuAc) Sialic Acid Standard, 1 ml
- Bovine Fetuin Control, 0.4 mg
- SAQ Dye, lyophilized
- Horse Radish Peroxidase, lyophilized
- Conversion Reagent, lyophilized
- SAQ Buffer A
- SAQ Buffer B
- SAQ Buffer C
- Sialidase A
- 96-Well Clear Bottom Microplate
- Sealing Film
Equipment and reagents provided by user:
- Laboratory oven or block heater capable of 37°C incubation.
- Heat block with a flat surface to accept a 96-well skirted plate (e.g. VWR 13259-295 Modular Heating Block for Titer Plate)
- Plate reader for measurement by fluorescence detection (530 nm excitation, 590 nm emission), or absorbance (530 nm).
- Optional: Plate reader with 37°C temperature control (no need for the heater & block).